Monday, August 3, 2009

Comfort Food

Hamburger Rice Soup


Fill a big pot with water.
Add 1 package/envelope of Lipton onion soup mix,
a pound of ground beef
2 cups of rice


boil about 1/2 hour. That's it.


When I was raising 3 kids as a stay at home mom I could afford a pound of ground beef and rice was really cheap too. I got the recipe from a woman who ran a huge daycare and had to feed a big bunch of kids. So I made it very often and my kids loved it. I used to think it was pretty good too. It's been years since then and the other day I remembered that recipe. I made it for my oldest daughter who was visiting with her daughter. She loved it and when on and on about how much she had missed it.
I found it to be too bland. I'll have to doctor it up if I ever make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment